- A RPM is a game played in private lobbies using stock 'Mechs that are assigned to each Mechwarrior in the unit. The gameplay is supposed to simulate game play more in line with reality and the initial intent of what Battletech tried to make with their game. Death carries a heavy penalty. We do this to try to create a new feel for MWO where suicide for the most points is no longer what each person strives for. Instead, we want intense teamwork while Mechwarriors try to surivive the mission at hand.
What happens if I am Killed in Action (KIA)?
- You will be suspended from playing any role play missions for 2 weeks.
- You will lose your assigned 'mech. At the end of the two weeks, you may coordinate to pick a new one with a RPM admin. Note that the admins try to keep the unit's chassis in-line with what would be acceptable for a real Mercenary unit in Battletech lore and you may not get what you request initially.
- The roster will be updated to reflect that you've been KIA.
What happens if I eject?
- You will be suspended from playing any role play missions for 3 days.
- You will not lose your 'mech.
- The roster will be updated to reflect that you've ejected in a RPM.
Do I have to pick a RPM 'Mech?
- Yes. All members will be assigned RPM 'Mechs. If you do not wish to participate, you do not have to! But for the sake of the unit's image, everyone will be assigned a 'Mech and if you wish to participate at a later date, you will have to use it.
What do I use as a Cadet?
- The Commando COM-2D is the stock assigned 'Mech to all Cadets.
- There is no penalty for cadets who eject or are KIA.
- Upon joining a company, you may request any 'Mech you would like as your first starting 'Mech.
How can I surrender?
- It is up to you to effectivly communicate that you surrender yourself and 'Mech to the enemy.
- The enemy does not have to take your surrender. They may still eliminate you if they wish.
- What you do for the remainder of the match as a surrendered mechwarrior is up to you. Anything is fair game.